Our Law Firm was founded by attorney William J. Leininger in 1981. Mr. Leininger is a native New Yorker who graduated from Regis High School in Manhattan and St. Francis College in Brooklyn. In 1974, he graduated from Fordham Law School in New York City with the rank of #1 in his Evening Division. He was admitted to the New York Bar in 1975 and was subsequently admitted to the Bar of New Jersey in 1980 and to Florida in 1988.
Mr. Leininger has appeared on the Phil Donahue Show, the Sally Jessy Raphael Show, the Today Show on NBC, the CBS Morning Show, and other national television and radio programs, and has lectured on Divorce for over 40 years. Mr. Leininger became a certified Divorce Mediator in 1994. Since then, he has mediated over 800 cases to completion. We believe that he is the most experienced attorney divorce mediator who mediates online with residents of New York, New Jersey, and Florida getting divorced.
While the great bulk of Mr. Leininger's mediation cases is conducted online using Zoom videoconferencing, he maintains a mediation conference room at 900 South Avenue Suite 300, Staten Island, NY 10314 for his New York mediation clients.
Mr. Leininger maintains a mediation conference room in Princeton, New Jersey at 300 Carnegie Center Blvd. - Suite 150, Princeton, NJ 08540 for his New Jersey mediation clients.
Mr. Leininger also maintains a mediation conference room in Sarasota, Florida at 677 N. Washington Blvd., Sarasota, FL 34236 for his Florida mediation clients.
Mr. Leininger offers:
- Flexible office hours, including evening hours, to best meet our clients' schedules.
- One of the few practices in Staten Island, New Jersey, or Florida that specializes exclusively in divorce mediation.
- Convenient locations in Staten Island, NY, Princeton, NJ, and Sarasota, FL for those who need face-to-face mediation.
- Virtual appointments which allow clients to participate from any location in the world Monday through Saturday and two evenings per week!
- Affordable hourly rate with a small retainer deposit of only $2,000 (total per couple and not per client.)
Mr. Leininger will utilize his 40+ years of practice as a Divorce Attorney to help personalize your divorce process by addressing it in smaller, more manageable steps:
- Mr. Leininger offers his assistance to help couples to come to a fair and equitable divorce agreement regarding parenting (child custody), division of marital assets and debts, child support, and spousal support (alimony)
- For New Jersey clients, he prepares a written Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) document that summarizes your decisions, to be reviewed by outside attorneys and submitted to a family court judge for final approval.
- For New York and Florida clients, Mr. Leininger can prepare the final Marital Settlement Agreement which he urges his clients to have reviewed by their own attorneys, before approval by a Family Part Judge.
- Referrals to valuable divorce experts such as divorce attorneys, accountants, therapists, and real estate agents, as needed by the parties.
- Single-session informational consult if only one spouse is willing to attend (30 minutes for $150)
At the mediation Offices of William J. Leininger, JD, our sole focus is on providing divorce mediation services. Since 1994, we have helped over 800 divorcing couples. Because divorce mediation is our specialty, we know the issues you need to address now to avoid having any problems in the future, post-divorce. We have the expertise and the compassionate understanding to help you during this stressful time. Mr. Leininger is a highly-educated professional divorce mediator who is here to help you make informed decisions about your divorce and your future.